Iron Chef Bobby Flay:Interviewed about Bourbon Whiskey at the Kentucky Derby

Here is a quick interview with Iron Chef Bobby Flay from our buddy Tom Fischer over at http://www.BourbonBlog.com.  Bobby talks about his horses, love of Bourbon Whiskey, and cooking with my favorite beverage.

Tags: , ,

Categories: Lifestyle, Whiskey

18 Comments on “Iron Chef Bobby Flay:Interviewed about Bourbon Whiskey at the Kentucky Derby”

1. johnking82
    May 11, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

I will put $10 that’s Don’s ears perked up when Bobby said he uses bourbon in sausage.

Funny how he didn’t mention Makers…he has great taste though.

May 11, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

Sauces John, suaces. *shakes head*

• Bryan
      May 12, 2011 at 10:28 am #

I dunno, I heard sausage too. But then he talked about the reduction and I got hungry so the rest is a blur. I’m going bourbon shopping tonight for Flask Friday!

May 12, 2011 at 11:07 am #

Bryan, I had a dram of Angel’s Envy bourbon last night. It reminded how great a bourbon that actually is. If you see it I highly recommend you pick that up!

• John Joyce
          May 12, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

Are we drinking the same stuff here Jim. I had a Binnys salesperson say the same thing I did… Ehh’

May 12, 2011 at 11:01 pm #

John, it is a subtle bourbon with layer upon layer of flavor. It is probably one of the most complex flavors I’ve had in a bourbon, and it is that nuance which I think makes it very special. Just my opinion, lots of people probably think it is a bit weak but to me it truly is a masterful bourbon.

• John Joyce
          May 14, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

Either that or they’re paying you! I’ll give it another try tommorow as I left it at the inlaws. Truth be told subtle is wasted on me. Or it just sucks. Or maybe your sample is better than what got bottled later.

May 14, 2011 at 10:16 pm #

All distinct possibilities, except the part about being paid. However I am available and have a price! 😉

2. johnking82
    May 11, 2011 at 3:55 pm #

i thought he said sausage. 😦

3. John Joyce
    May 11, 2011 at 6:20 pm #

I read something where he recommended Pappy 20 year as a gift idea and I’ve been a fan ever since.

May 12, 2011 at 8:35 am #

Hard to fault him there!

4. May 12, 2011 at 7:38 am #

I don’t k now what I would enjoy more… sipping bourbon neat with Bobby Flay or drinking good beer with Adam Richman. Both are on my “to-do” lists.

And John, he said “not too sweet” when talking about bourbon drinks. Makers is definitely one of the sweeter bourbons out there. Might be why he didn’t mention it. Plus he knew my wife works for Brown-Forman. That was his way of giving me a shoutout.

May 12, 2011 at 8:39 am #

Cool Beau! A totally passive shout out from the Iron Chef. Too cool…you know a lesser man would have missed that entirely. 😉

• May 12, 2011 at 11:09 am #

You have to be perceptive, even when just talking about bourbon. Now if only he had thrown in a zombie reference it would have been perfect.

May 12, 2011 at 11:12 am #

Well apparently he discussed sausage too, but I didn’t hear that either. :/

• May 12, 2011 at 11:33 am #

I’m with you on this one. I’m 99% sure he said sauces, not sausages. But you know John. He always has meat on his mind.

May 12, 2011 at 11:38 am #

A real carnivore that one!

1. Iron Chef Bobby Flay:Interviewed about Bourbon Whiskey at the Kentucky Derby | CookingPlanet - May 11, 2011

[…] Iron Chef Bobby Flay:Interviewed about Bourbon Whiskey at the Kentucky Derby […]