We’ve Hit 100!

Not 100 years old, 100 posts! We’d like to pause for a minute and thank all of you who read our stuff every day and have encouraged and enlightened us along the way.  What started out as a bit of a lark has turned into a passion because of your feedback and support.  Anyway, it’s our first real milestone on the site and we wanted to share and say thanks for keep us going.

Cheers!

-Jim and Don

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Official Business

21 Comments on “We’ve Hit 100!”

1. December 17, 2009 at 8:31 pm #

Don, You gotta lay off the whiskey a bit…you’re looking a tad rough in that pic.

• Jim
      December 17, 2009 at 8:36 pm #

I think it’s all the yoga and wheat germ myself…

2. December 17, 2009 at 8:33 pm #

now that you have 100, does that mean we can stop reading?

• Jim
      December 17, 2009 at 8:35 pm #

You haven’t already? Wow, we must be good!

3. December 17, 2009 at 10:53 pm #

Congratulations! Celebrate with a bottle of DeuS. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/202/7661

• Jim
      December 17, 2009 at 11:16 pm #

Thanks, Rachel! That looks like a VERY fancy beer you’re recommending. I guess that makes us fancy men!

4. Jeff Schwartz
    December 18, 2009 at 6:11 am #

Congrats! A fun blog. Good being in touch with you guys again after many,many,(many) years!

• Jim
      December 18, 2009 at 2:53 pm #

It’s great to be in touch, Jeff. And it’s also nice that geography isn’t an issue on the web.

And it probably doesn’t hurt that we all like fancy hooch, either! 🙂

5. Wendi
    December 18, 2009 at 9:53 am #

Congrats you guys, it’s nice staying in tune with what my brothers the drunks, I mean connoisseurs, are up to!

• Jim
      December 18, 2009 at 2:54 pm #

This coming from a lady who lives in France. Doesn’t you house have hot and cold running wine?

6. December 18, 2009 at 5:49 pm #

Congrats on the milestone! You’ve turned this place into one of my favorites!

December 18, 2009 at 6:13 pm #

Yea, I feel a little like a spectator right now Scott. Like Jim got tickets to the superbowl and asked me to drive him to the game, and now I’m watching in the hotel! But is was a good milestone. We have a lot of ideas for the next 100 postings!

• Jim
      December 18, 2009 at 6:15 pm #

Actually, it’s you and the other regulars that have turned this place into what it is. Not to sound corny (but here I go anyway) I don’t think Don and I would still be posting if it wasn’t for the dialogue and friendship we enjoy because of the site.

I also wouldn’t know that a Coopers home brew kit is the perfect gift for any beer lover and that you can find them at http://www.brewclub.com. 😉

7. December 18, 2009 at 6:31 pm #

Congrats fellows. You do write very consistently, so I expect to hear 200 before long.

• Jim
      December 18, 2009 at 6:44 pm #

More at first, but I’m happy that we’ve been keeping up with it. I think we’ve hit our stride, so hopefully the post will a keep on comin’.

December 18, 2009 at 6:55 pm #

I’m thinking our 200th post should have a bicentennial ring to it! Also congrats to you and Nate on 500! Now that is blog longevity for you!

8. December 20, 2009 at 10:01 pm #

You guys kill me! Looking forward to many more excellent posts (from the hotel room or the 50-yard line!) Its tough cranking out good content, and you guys do it. Keep it up!

December 21, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

As work has sucked over the last year because of the economy I feel as though the blog has kept my writing chops up and given me a great creative outlet, which is something I was lacking a lot. It is a challenge to keep up with content, but really a labor of love. Its been great to work on this with my brother too. I feel like it has bridged the miles between us pretty well, and we talk way more now than we ever have as adults, so that has been great. I look forward to our 1000 post too!

9. Rob Crozier
    December 21, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

As a newbie this blog, I enjoy reading your posts…very entertaining AND enlightening. Keep up the good work!

• Jim
      December 21, 2009 at 8:58 pm #

Thanks, Rob. And thanks for all the comments you shared with us on the way to 100. I especially enjoy your micro-reviews – you’ve turned me on to some really nice beers. Kinda like a blog inside a blog…

December 21, 2009 at 10:26 pm #

yeah, what Jim said! Keep up the great comments Rob. Thanks!