I was thinking about this today, and realized that there are several really good reasons that I love this blog. What got me thinking about it was Jim’s post today where he refers to the Damn Blog, and I can totally relate. Sometimes it is a bit of a grind. Then I began thinking what about this Blog do I love? And to my surprise I came up (relatively easily) with 5 reasons I love this blog.
1) Interaction with our Readers: When Jim and I started out we decided very early that we were going to be interactive. Every comment deserved a reply. Man was that a great idea! I love having our little discussions and the occasional Rank session where we talk about the fact that Jim has a Small Penis, and an even smaller car. It makes my day to see what you all have written, and a newbie is like fresh meat, I love them. I love the e-friendships I have made here, and I look forward to meeting many of you in the future.
2) Reconnecting with my Brother Jim: When I had the idea to develop this blog, the main reason was to have something that my brother and I could do together. When we are interacting around this blog, the miles melt away and I feel as strong a bond as if Jim lived next Door to me. We have gotten much closer since we started the blog and it is the absolute best thing that has happened since we began this journey together.
3) Free Samples: I’d be lying if I said I was indifferent about this benefit of having this blog. Nothing makes me happier or brings a smile across my face quicker than getting a free sample in the mail. This is for two reasons. First and foremost it is 99% of the time something I cannot get in my State controlled liquor store, and second, it gives me great fodder for this blog. Plus we all know that free stuff tastes better. 😉 In all seriousness, I have gotten access to some pretty amazing stuff and I get to have a taste, and tell you about it.
4) New Beers: Since we began this Blog I have tried literally hundreds of new beers. Crazy things that are made with ancient ingredients or made in odd places, or with really great inspired brewing that are just tasty treats. If it weren’t for this blog I NEVER would have been this adventurous and tried so many new and great things.
5) The Promise of Something Big: When we first started this blog we thought if we got wildly successful, we might get some free samples of stuff to drink and review. What we never expected was 6 months into this thing we would be in the running for our own TV show. Jim has well chronicled that entire experience here, so you all know that it didn’t happen. However we did get to have an all expense trip to Downingtown, PA and a two day tour of Victory Brewing. That was a great experience, and Jim and I are always on the look out for the next great experience this blog might afford us, who knows, maybe it will be something big.
So there you have it, 5 reasons I absolutely love this blog. Watch for my next post tomorrow, Five Reasons I Hate This Blog!