Looking for Podcast Questions

Don and I have decided to bite the bullet and try our hand at this whole podcasting craze the kids keep talking about.  We’re still working out the technical details of how to do it from across the country.  Don rejected my two-tin-cans-and-a-cassette-recorder proposal, but we should have it all ironed out soon.

In the meantime, we’d like your input.  The best part of this blog is the comments section where you guys chime in (it certainly isn’t the quality of the posts!), and we’d like to extend that into the podcast.  We want your questions.

You can ask anything.  Beer and whiskey questions are always good, as are questions about us, our relationship, our childhood spent together, what Idaho smells like (potatoes), what New Jersey smells like (Newark), etc., etc.  Anything you can think of is welcome.

We’ll pick a couple of questions and answer them live on the podcast, sorta like listener mail.

This is your big chance to have your question heard by tens of thousands of people, so give us your best shot and ask away!

Tags: ,

Categories: Official Business

19 Comments on “Looking for Podcast Questions”

1. July 9, 2010 at 10:22 am #

Hey guys! I’m a huge fan of Jameson & love beer, ale’s are my favorite, but I get tired of pairing Jameson w/the same old, same old. HELP!! (And on a sidenote, good luck w/the podcast!)

• July 9, 2010 at 10:35 am #

Thanks for the question, Niema. Where abouts are you from so we don’t recommend something you can’t find near home. Also, what’s your go-to ale?

2. July 9, 2010 at 11:35 am #

All I know is I want in on one of these things after you have a few in the bag….someone needs to instigate….err, I mean moderate you two!

Question: Your 5 “Desert Island” beer choices?

July 9, 2010 at 11:45 am #

Jim would die on a desert Island. He has absolutely no survival instincts. If he can’t use his Mastercard to order room service he is lost. Truth be told, I’m not even sure he can count to five, so he might say something like “I have 7 desert island beers”, And I would say something like “you can’t have seven the limit is five”, and then he would say something like “well 7 is less than 5 anyway so why would that matter”. No concepts getting through. Caryn is a Saint.

• July 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

Thank you for making me laugh out loud….Jim, dude, you just gonna take that smack from your brother?!

• July 9, 2010 at 12:21 pm #

Save it for the podcast, Shecky.

July 9, 2010 at 12:40 pm #

There is plenty more where that came from! You’re a font of material!

3. July 9, 2010 at 12:43 pm #

QUESTION:
    “How do two pieces of eye-candy such as yourselves keep the ladies at bay when out in the public?”

• July 9, 2010 at 12:52 pm #

OK, we definitely need live-feed commenting on the podcast as well with a question like Nate’s…I say set up a toll-free number where we can call in.

July 9, 2010 at 12:57 pm #

This could get complicated, quick!

• July 9, 2010 at 12:59 pm #

Ha ha! That’s making the cut for sure!

4. July 9, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

This is good stuff, guys. I would love to do something like this for our site as well. I think I’m a little lazy about that kinda stuff and lean on the crutch of not knowing about technology.

• July 9, 2010 at 1:51 pm #

Don uses the same excuse, but it’s true. It’s a miracle the doofus can use a TV remote or tune the radio in his car. Anything with buttons makes him curl up in the fetal position.

Hopefully he’ll figure out how to plug in his mic and download Skype. It’ll be a real challenge for him, which is just pathetic – he’s not 80!

July 9, 2010 at 2:13 pm #

Perhaps you should save it too…Goose and gander and all….

• July 9, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

Puhleaze! I could do an hour on your shortcomings and not even touch on the subjects of manhood, intellect or character. Maps and gadgets are rich territories!! 🙂

July 9, 2010 at 2:27 pm #

Kinda like you and sports…A notable exception being football 🙂

• July 9, 2010 at 2:49 pm #

If you mean “all professional sports suck, with the notable exception being football” then we agree 100%.

5. July 9, 2010 at 2:50 pm #

Maybe we can just read our back and forth here over a microphone…

6. July 13, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

Love whiskeys and like to try different ones. How about some info on the Canadian vs the Americans?