“I Am A Craft Brewer” Parody: The Best Video You’ll See This Week

I stumbled across this gem over on Jay Brooks’ blog and just had to share it.  It’s a parody of the “I Am a Craft Brewer” video and is absolutely hilarious.

Even better, by gently mocking the form, it should put an end to the I Am A Craft Brewer /Canadian Brewer/Homebrewer/Craft Beer Drinker/Craft Beer Distributor videos once and for all.  Thank god!!

It’s a great way to go out.  Enjoy!

Tags: ,

Categories: Beer, Lifestyle

9 Comments on ““I Am A Craft Brewer” Parody: The Best Video You’ll See This Week”

1. Matt
    November 1, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

Thank God indeed. I thought I was the only guy alive that found them far too serious, poorly edited/shot and generally douchey. It’s everything I don’t want the craft beer scene to become. Next thing you know we will be describing our beer with ridiculous adjectives like wine enthusiasts. This 2008 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot has nuances of pomegranete with a fluffy tannin bite that lends way to a velvety, chewy hop profile.

• November 1, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

There are beer blogs you can visit if you’re into that kind of thing, Matt. I’d can send you a URL if you’d like… 😉

• Matt
        November 1, 2010 at 6:16 pm #

I will admit I didn’t watch the video before my first post. This video lived up to everything I hoped it would. This is what the original craft beer video should have been. “Tell me that you can’t train a monkey to ride on the back of a small pig!”

• November 1, 2010 at 6:20 pm #

As they say “There’s a video of it!”

2. Mark S.
    November 2, 2010 at 7:31 am #

That was a good parody.

On a related note, I had a chance to watch the “BeerWars” documentary last week on NetFlix streaming. It was pretty good. Full of good interviews and some surprising facts. And some heartbreaking segments – she interviews some former Rolling Rock employees. The segment on how A-B is producing “micro-brew” clones, pricing them at half of what a craft-brewer charges, and then placing them next to their direct craft competitors on the store shelves was a little disturbing.

I would recommend watching it.

• November 2, 2010 at 12:24 pm #

Beer Wars is definitely worth a look. It really shows what the craft brewer is up against.

It would be cool to do a parody called “Beer Snobs” which tells the craft beer story from the POV of the macro-brewers. They could talk about how craft brewers are making beer all frilly and messing with America’s greatest institution, the Three Tier System.

• Matt
      November 2, 2010 at 12:36 pm #

The part that opened my eyes is how they continue to package in various quantities and cans/bottles to take up more shelf space and create a mini billboard for their product. They have 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30 packs all in cans and bottles and for each of the their styles… it’s crazy.

3. Brandon
    November 2, 2010 at 12:09 pm #

Wow, that was a long 4 minutes! Haha, would have been a great 1:30 minute piece.

• November 2, 2010 at 12:20 pm #

I actually watched it twice. I really got sick of the original(s) and I enjoyed watching these guys poke fun at them.