Whatcha Drinking This Weekend: Other People’s Beer Edition

Thank goodness the weekend is upon us!  It’s been a long week around here and I’m looking forward to a little R&R.  Even more than that, I’m looking forward to a tasting party being held by my pals over at Manor House Brewing.  It’s always a casual affair, with a predefined beer tasting menu and, if I’m lucky, a trip to the magical taps to taste some of their off-the-beaten-path selections.  I love drinking other people’s beer!

How about you?  What will you be cracking open this weekend?  A little whiskey (with or without the “e”) perhaps?  Maybe some home brew you’ve been aging?  Any one going to an awesome beer bar?

As always, let us know in the comments and have a safe, responsible and happy weekend!

Tags: ,

Categories: Beer, Lifestyle, Scotch Whisky, Whiskey

19 Comments on “Whatcha Drinking This Weekend: Other People’s Beer Edition”

1. July 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm #

For me its a secret. Don’t want the CIA knowing about my beer from their black helicopters.

• July 30, 2010 at 1:56 pm #

the CIA knows already Scott. They track your purchases through your credit card. They told me. And what’s with all the baby oil and back issues of Tiger Beat?

2. Rob Crozier
    July 30, 2010 at 1:39 pm #

Besides Theobroma, I was searching out Founders Devil Dancer for the weekend. If I can’t find it, I will get my fix when I meet up with some friends at the Copper Mine Pub where they have it on tap; they also have Avery Seventeen as well as Lagunitas Sumpnsumpn, Smuttynose Farmhouse and Avery Karma. So much beer, so little time.

• July 30, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

God bless the Copper Mine Pub! I saw they had Devil Dancer in Boonton late last week, but perhaps Kevin is sold out – that stuff goes fast. I think I have two in my garage, so let me know if you can’t get a taste.

3. Rob Crozier
    July 30, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

The Copper Mine Pub is great – you should make a trip there some day. I was going to stop at my other favorite store to see if they have Devil Dancer. One way or another, I’ll get my taste! I will not be denied!!

• July 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm #

I’d love to go there. But with young kids I feel fortunate to be able to get to the beer store.

4. Rob Crozier
    July 30, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

Just got a FB update from Copper Mine…Devil Dancer is almost gone – they just tapped the keg yesterday. It must be really good stuff. I hope I can find some bottles at the store!

• July 30, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

Just let me know. I have two. you can have Don’s!

• Rob Crozier
        July 30, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

I wouldn’t do that to Don – he’s already had Oskar Blues taken away from him.

• July 30, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

I’ll send him some Weyerbacher Insanity instead and he’ll be happier anyway. He went nuts for that stuff.

5. July 30, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

Jim, yer killin’ me!

Also, Don’s been pretty quiet lately – is he OK or did my shipment of Tiger Beat and baby old get shipped entirely to his place? (we split the order)

• July 30, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

He said he was heading out for a few days of vacation, but you might be on to something with baby oil and the Tiger Beats. Suspicious at the very least.

6. July 30, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

I considered Theobroma but I’m going for a Belgian night… I made my beer purchase over lunch…my friend Biere Du Boucanier (http://bit.ly/aaargghh) and Gulden Draak: http://bit.ly/arghdraak

• July 30, 2010 at 3:58 pm #

I see you were going with a white bottle theme. How very P.Diddy of you!

7. TrevorB
    July 31, 2010 at 9:37 am #

I’m drinking some homebrew dunkelweisse, Irish Red, and I may crack my new trippel as I don’t think I can wait a whole year.

• July 31, 2010 at 9:42 am #

Either you’re starting early or you’re in the UK, Trevor.

I hope your homebrew is awesome and you should certainly check in on your triple, if only in the name of Science! 🙂

• Big Tex
        July 31, 2010 at 8:01 pm #

It’s 5:00 somewhere.

8. Big Tex
    July 31, 2010 at 8:00 pm #

Let’s see… last night consisted of Dale’s Pale Ale, Rainier, Scuttlebutt Amber, and PBR. Yeah, two light lagers… I confess, I did it, all in the name of the redneck party my friends hosted. What’s a redneck party without light lager?

Today… homebrew porter.

Tonight, dinner at Scuttlebutt’s… drinks to be determined upon the receipt of up to date information on the current seasonals on tap.

Tomorrow… homebrew porter.

I’m thirsty.

• July 31, 2010 at 9:23 pm #

Let us know how the porter goes down and have a great weekend, Tex!