How was YOUR Weekend?

Well the Wildcard Weekend has passed and 2 wildcard teams are still in the hunt.  Congrats to the Jets and Ravens, and their fans.  So a better question is what did you enjoy while those games were being televised across this great land?  I know I had great plans to have a couple of new brews, but I ended up flat on the couch Sunday.  I had spent Saturday running to kids Basketball games and at the last game I ended up twisting and tearing up my knee climbing up the bleachers!  Once I hobbled home my weekend plans came to a screeching halt.  No beer for me when I can’t really hobble out to the garage to pick it out myself.

I did however Friday night have my last bottle of Goose Island Christmas Ale which I liked a lot.  So the weekend was not a total loss.  Now I am waiting for my doctor’s office to open up and am going to get my knee looked at later today.  So how was your weekend?  Did you have some interesting brews?  Did you detox form the holidays?  Let us know.  And I’ll keep you all posted as to musculoskeletal health as more is known.

Categories: Uncategorized

15 Comments on “How was YOUR Weekend?”

1. Jim
    January 11, 2010 at 4:17 pm #

My Jets won, so I’m good! It took a little help from my friend Dale and his tasty pale ale, but I made it through the game. As a Jets fan, you’re always waiting for everything to go sideways, especially when you think they can win.

Sunday evening I enjoyed a Soutern Tier Oat while watching Top Gear season 10 from Netflix on-demand. I love my nerdy new TV! And that was about it for me.

I’m working next Sunday, so I’ll miss the Chargers/Jets dustup, but I might watch it on DVR when I get home.

January 11, 2010 at 4:28 pm #

I’d like to try that STO. It would be part of my quest to find the nations best oatmeal stout! Why are you working on Sunday?

• Jim
      January 11, 2010 at 5:33 pm #

Video shoot for our website. Sunday is a good day to tape because the office will be empty. Of course it sucks for me as a Jets fan, but I really didn’t expect them to still be playing this late into January when I scheduled the shoot.

January 11, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

Have a 1:00 pm doctor’s appointment to start the process of fixing my knee!

• Jim
      January 11, 2010 at 5:34 pm #

Break a leg, Don!

4. January 11, 2010 at 10:25 pm #

Hi guys. The Eagles lost as you probably know. I’m just glad they did it before I had to invest all of the time and cash into Eagles parties to have them just choke in the end anyway. Can you tell some of us are a little bitter? We did frame and hang a really cool Bruegel Amber Ale poster. A picture is on the blog.

Sorry to hear about your knee problems. That really stinks. I hope your appointment went well. I couldn’t find the artichoke recipe so my sister-in-law came through! She calls it “artery choke” dip which is hilarious but appropriate.

1 (14oz.) can artichoke hearts
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup Kraft grated cheese
    1/2 cup shredded cheese (your preference)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the above ingredients. Spoon into a 1 1/2 quart oven proof glass dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with pita breads cut into wedges.

Italian bread would work just as well!

January 12, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

Hey Rachel, thanks for the recipe. Do you think you could add in some bread crumbs for body, or just put a tin layer on top? That may give it a little more thickness. I’m afraid this recipe may be very greasy. What do you think?

Bad news on the Knee front. I can barely walk and I don’t get in to see the orthopedist until Monday of next week. Going for an MRI today, hopefully they will be able to tell me something.

• January 12, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

I don’t know about adding bread crumbs. Having eaten and made this dip before using shredded cheddar and Kraft parmesan, it is rich but I don’t find it overly greasy, although it must be just given the ingredients. If you serve it on bread, it will probably absorb the grease. I would suggest making it according to the recipe for the first time and then adjusting it to your taste for the next batch. Another possibility is to follow the directions, divide the dip in half and add breadcrumbs to half of it, bake both and see if there is any improvement/change. I’d just as soon not add more carbs to it since you’ll be eating it with bread or crackers. Let me know what you wind up doing! I’d be interested to hear about the results.

That stinks about your knee. I can sympathize. I injured mine last year and it’s still an issue. I hope you can get it resolved soon!

January 13, 2010 at 4:32 pm #

Thanks Rachel, I’m back at work today for a short day. I should get the MRI results back today as well. Hopefully, whatever it is can be resolved soon. I have an appointment with an Orthopedist Monday, so hopefully we can get everything worked out and moving in the right direction soon. I think I will try it first without the bread crumbs and see how I like it. I will then move into breadcrumbs if they seem appropriate.

Thanks.

5. January 11, 2010 at 11:06 pm #

Part work, part fun. I did enjoy going back and forth with Jim on Friday’s post about your situation Don. I know its bad to laugh @ someone’s problems, but your brother is a funny guy!

Good luck with the “People Doctor”. 🙂

January 12, 2010 at 3:07 pm #

Well the people doc said I need an MRI. I reinjured it getting into the car yesterday, twisted it with a series of about 4 pops and a lot of pain. So today I can barely walk. going into the MRI place today. Hopefully it will tell me something.

6. January 12, 2010 at 6:11 pm #

I worked while the games were on. This is really going to bother me on Saturday when the Colts beat the Ravens.

January 13, 2010 at 4:34 pm #

That sucks Mike. Where do you work that you are working on weekends? Maybe you can Tivo it to watch it later. It is hard to live in a bubble until you can see the game however.

7. January 13, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

That sux Don. I hope it works out for you – take it easy.

January 13, 2010 at 4:37 pm #

Had the MRI yesterday. It was torture just having to lie still for an hour! Give it a try! Now do it on the hard floor and blare machine noises. Pretty awful, but hopefully they got good images and can tell what is going on. I should hear later today what is going on.