Advertisements
Tag Archives: data

Drinking and dating: Those seeking a mate lay off the booze

The dating website PlentyOfFish.com just released a new study on singles and drinking, and the findings shed interesting light on how our attitudes towards alcohol change as we get more serious about finding a mate. The study involved 11 million singles between the ages of 21 and 50 who have set up profiles on the […]

Continue Reading

Legal Drinking Ages Around the World

. I love this map I found over at SlashDot, showing the minimum legal drinking ages for countries around the world.  There’s a key on the bottom, but basically, it’s “the darker the ink, the older to drink.” Taking a quick glance, you can see that the old U.S. of A. is one of the […]

Continue Reading

If it’s 2AM, You’re Drunk, at Least According to this Twitter Data

Thanks to the “miracle” of social media, we are constantly pumping information into the datasphere, much of it personal in nature.  One clever fella, Scott Golder, a graduate student from the Social Dynamics Lab at Cornell, has taken some of that information and put it to interesting use. 

Continue Reading

35% of Men Say Beer is the Ultimate Man’s Drink, the Other 65% Are Wrong

Ask Men just released their 2011 Great Male Survey and it turns out that the majority of dudes (35%) consider beer to be the “ultimate man’s drink.” Whiskey came in second at 28% (I knew there was a reason it’s after beer in our blog title!), Scotch at 27%, “whatever Don Draper is drinking” (ugh) […]

Continue Reading

Do Americans Drink More Milk or More Beer?

There’s nothing more wholesomely all-American than milk.  You put it on your cereal, you put it in your coffee, you even cook with it.  According to data from the Beverage Marketing Corporation, the average American consumed a whopping 20.4 gallons of cow juice last year.  That’s more than distilled spirits, wine, energy drinks, tea and […]

Continue Reading

Americans Spending More Time Sleeping, Watching TV, Brewing Their Own Beer

The Bureau of Labor Statistics just released their 2010 Time Use Survey and it looks as if the nation’s employment landscape is changing the way we live.  Time.com’s Brad Tuttle is all over it. First the obvious news – Americans are spending more time than ever watching TV (2.1 hours per day, up 5.4 minutes […]

Continue Reading

Poll Results: Top 5 Beer Styles Purchased by Beer Geeks

Here are the results of last week’s poll, which asked you to share what three styles of beer you buy most often.  After hundreds of votes and dozens of comments here and other places around the Internet, things have cooled off enough for us to draw some conclusions. This whole thing was kicked off when […]

Continue Reading