UPDATE: We have a winner!
Well, we don’t usually do this sort of thing around here, but I’ve been thinking that I have these tickets that I’m not gonna use, and the event I bought them for is sold out, so why not recoup my $$. I’m not out to make a profit, just to get my money back. See Jim and I were planning to go to GABF this year, and while our plans were still young, I went ahead and picked us up tickets to the Pints for Prostates Rare Beer Tasting at the Wyncoop Brewery on September 30. Jim and I still didn’t have GABF tickets, but we went to this event last year, and it was so outstanding that we knew this was a can’t miss get together. So the day they went on sale I bought two.
Well as you know real life can sometimes get in the way of our plans. We planned to go to Denver, we didn’t plan for our father to pass away and need to make one or two trips to Wisconsin to attend to things. This combined with other expenses like a Metrosexual Mini Cooper purchase have drained the resources for this year’s GABF. However I still have the two tickets for the Rare Beer Tasting.
If you want them let me know. Like I said I am not looking to make a profit, just recoup my costs. So if you are interested let me know in the comments, and we can discuss. If I get multiple interests, perhaps I can do a lottery of some sort or have you pick a number between 1 and a google. We’ll figure it out.
By the way the face value of the tickets are $80 and I paid $160 for the pair. The event is sold out and is on September 30 from 1 to 4 pm at the Wyncoop Brewery in Denver, Colorado. Below is a list of the brews that they will be offering this year. BTW, don’t overlook the Laughing Dog! Jim and I had some last year and it was amazing!
Let me know in the comments ifyou are interested. Thanks
The beer list for the Denver Rare Beer Tasting III has been finalized. The sold out event will take place on Sept. 30 from 1-4 p.m. at the Wynkoop Brewery in Denver.
All About Beer Magazine presents the event to benefit the Pints for Prostates campaign. A total of 30 rare, exotic and vintage brews will be poured and guests will have the opportunity to meet the men and women who brewed them.
Some of America’s top craft brewers are featured on the beer list:
- Alaskan 2009 Cherry-Vanilla Baltic Porter
- Avery Dihos Dactylion Cabernet Sauvignon Barrel-Aged Sour Ale
- Big Sky 2006 Buckin’ Monk Chardonnay Tripel
- Boulevard Love Child #1
- Brooklyn Cuvee de la Crochet Rouge
- The Bruery The Wanderer Dark Sour Ale
- Cascade Borbonic Plague
- Cigar City Neilsbohrium Rum Barrel-Aged Imperial Raisin Sweet Stout
- Dogfish Head 2004 Olde School
- The Duck-Rabbit The End of Reason
- Firestone Walker Agrestic Ale
- Foothills 2009 Sexual Chocolate
- Full Sail 1998 Old Boardhead Barleywine
- Great Divide 2008 Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout
- Highland PSA Pilsner
- Jolly Pumpkin Lúpulo de Hielo
- Laughing Dog St. Benny’s Labby Bourbon Barrel-Aged Ale
- Left Hand 2009 Fade to Black Vol. 1
- Lost Abbey/Port Brewery Deliverance
- Nebraska Inception Series #1
- New Belgium Eric’s Ale
- New Holland Rum Barrel-Aged Pilgrim’s Dole Wheatwine
- Odell Rare Blend
- Rogue Charlie 1981
- Samuel Adams 2011 Utopias
- Sierra Nevada Brewing 30th Anniversary Rum Barrel-Aged Fritz and Ken’s Stout
- Stone 2010 Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey Barrel-Aged Imperial Russian Stout
- Thirsty Dog Bourbon Barrel-Aged 12 Dogs of Christmas
- Weyerbacher Idiot’s Drool
- Wynkoop Metacool Maltuwanna Imperial Amber Ale